Library cards can help you find discounts.
In a world where people spend most of their time online or waiting for the newest Apple gadget to come out, reading a book is the last thing on their minds, let alone getting a library card.
Now it seems that being a library cardholder is paying off. Many stores have united to give discounts to library card carriers as part of the Get Carded Campaign for the month of September in honor of Library Card Sign-Up Month.
Participating businesses include:
• Lakeshore Learning Materials (6300 N. May Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73112): You can pick up a 20% off coupon at any Metropolitan Library System.
• New Leaf Florist, Inc. (2500 N. May Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73107 and 9221 N. Penn Place, Oklahoma City, OK 73120): Show your Library Card and receive 15% off home decor items.
• Oklahoma Heritage Association & Gaylord-Pickens Museum (1400 Classen Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73106): Get 15% off any publications in the Gaylord-Pickens Museum Store.
• Rocktown Climbing Gym (200 SE 4th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73129): Library Cardholders can get a great deal 25% off a New Climbers Package.
• Sara Sara Cupcakes (7 NW 9th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73102 and 17 E. 5th Street, Edmond, OK 73034): Get $2 cupcake (1 per person)!
• Studio Grand Salon (7612 N. May Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73116): You will be able to get a 25% off services with Aly Jones and 25% off products (excluding Kevin Murphy & Pureology).
• Chile Mecado (4640 SE 15 St Del City, OK) When you present your Metropolitan Library System Library Card then you will get 10% off on food order. Each person in a group needs to show their library card.
All of these businesses were nice enough to give library cardholders the opportunity to get some extra discounts, and they couldn’t be happier to do so.
“I know that education is very important to this family, so with no hesitation I mailed a yes back to Metropolitan Library System. I wanted Sara Sara to be apart of this for today’s young reading generation.” Lindsay Harkness, from Sara Sara Cupcakes said.
There are many places offering discounts for the Get Carded Campaign this September. More information about the campaign, and numerous other subjects, can be found by contacting your local library.
Who would have thought getting carded really does payoff!